Re: script to email a bunch of photographs

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 01:01:49PM +0100, Debian User wrote:
> Hi,
>
> trying to cram too many attachments into a single e-mail, I often hit
> (receiving) ISP sizelimits.
> While 99% sure a mail with a single photo would have gone through.
> Grouping them in several mails seems to be man adapting to the machine.
>
> To automate this chore (next time:-) I looked at package metamail, which
> seems close. But it wants to cut up the attachments in (64 kB?) chunks,
> and encode them. I prefer to send whole attachments and photographs seem
> small enough. The afio vs tar/gzip idea.
>
> I was thinking of a non-yet-existing script smetasend:
>
> me@mycomputer:~/photo/holiday$ smetasend john@isp1.com petra@isp2 *.jpg
>
> And the script would then send the required number of single attachment
> mails. Perhaps with a list in each body, so the receiver can complain
> about missed ones.
>
> Does such a script/program already exist? Or is it even part of your
> favourite e-mail client?

Hi,
just did a prelim of apt-cache search mail attachment. Result:
biabam - bash attachment mailer

Running: apt-cache show biabam

Package: biabam
Section: mail
Installed-Size: 16
Maintainer: Bastian Kleineidam <calvin@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.9.4-2
Depends: bash (>= 2), sharutils, exim | mail-transport-agent
Suggests: file
Filename: pool/main/b/biabam/biabam_0.9.4-2_all.deb
Size: 3886
MD5sum: a1a641681447a6d4e87b2c0c80343a1a
A tool that is used for mailing attachments from the commandline.
It is similar to using Mutt to send attachments on the commandline,
but without the overhead of a complete email client.

this may help.
-Kev