script to email a bunch of photographs

Hi,

trying to cram too many attachments into a single e-mail, I often hit
(receiving) ISP sizelimits.
While 99% sure a mail with a single photo would have gone through.
Grouping them in several mails seems to be man adapting to the machine.

To automate this chore (next time:-) I looked at package metamail, which
seems close. But it wants to cut up the attachments in (64 kB?) chunks,
and encode them. I prefer to send whole attachments and photographs seem
small enough. The afio vs tar/gzip idea.

I was thinking of a non-yet-existing script smetasend:

me@mycomputer:~/photo/holiday$ smetasend john@isp1.com petra@isp2 *.jpg

And the script would then send the required number of single attachment
mails. Perhaps with a list in each body, so the receiver can complain
about missed ones.

Does such a script/program already exist? Or is it even part of your
favourite e-mail client?

mvg Boudewijn