Re: Documentation and Usability was Re: EXT3 at install..no more?

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:23:37 -0600, Mac McCaskie <mccaskie@kc.rr.com> said:

> rigid?  not hardly, I am asking everyone to be less rigid on what
> the noobies must to do.  It should not be asked of them to bow down
> and scrape in order to gain admission into the great and sacred
> learning hall.

	What's in it for me?

> Nor is it nonsense, it is a perfectly valid and logical argument
> that only those in posession of the required knowledge are able to
> perform certain tasks.  Plus, the only method to aquire said
> knowledge is through membership of some organization and is
> unavailable outside of this "club."  Should I go into just how this
> membership is obtained?

> Now that I have your attention.

> Just get over yourself and look at it from the viewpoint of someone
> trying to learn a very complicated and disjointed system with an
> immense amount of mostly barely useful and out-of-date documentation
> .

	What motivation do you think developers have to do slave away
 even more at the behest of people who, pardon me, seem not have to
 earned the right to tell me how I should be spending my time?

	Before you go spouting off again on what tthe developers must
 needs do, please think about how the system works, and what could
 motivate people who are already putting in time and effort to create
 Debian. Calling us pimply faced hackers and telling us how high to
 jump is not going to help anything.

	manoj

--
Modern psychology takes completely for granted that behavior and
neural function are perfectly correlated, that one is completely