Re: Documentation and Usability

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 05:55:57PM -0600, Todd Pytel wrote:

> I'll let you in on a non-secret, to everyone but yourself. There already
> *is* an awareness of the need for documentation. Sadly, no one wants to
> do it- it's boring, time-consuming, constantly outdated, and just not
> much fun. Your whining about it on the list will not change those facts.

It's also low-status.  If I wrote ZipEdit, a new text editor that emphasizes
speed, I could possibly become well-known in the Free Software community.

If I write a better manual for some mid-level utility like xfe, no one but
the xfe developer is likely to ever realize it, despite the fact that xfe is
quite good.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading