Re: Problems in apache2 on Debian/Sarge

Richard Lyons declaimed:
> On Saturday 17 January 2004 09:26, Paul Mackinney wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm doing a little webserver testing on a Sarge system, and right
> > away I find the following two problems with apache2:
> >
> > 1. cgi scripts don't run.
> >
> > Specifically, invoking either of the two test scripts, printenv and
> > test-cgi, results in their source being displayed.
> [...]
>
> Are you sure you've configured /etc/apache/httpd.conf correctly?
> It is pretty fully annotated.
> Try grep -B6 cgi /etc/apache/httpd.conf
> and see if you have forgotten to uncomment something.

Thanks Richard, color me RTFM. The README included an example of exactly
what I needed to do, create a symlink in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/

cgi.load -> ../mods-available/cgi.load

This is slightly complex, but clearly learnable system. But the manual
foobar should be working by default...

PM
--
Paul Mackinney