Re: diagnosing system crash (hardware failure?)

I agree with the person who just suggested that your system freeze
sounds like flakey RAM, but my experience has been more typically a
system crash with that as its cause.

Last year I went though a tough time with keyboard/mouse freezes, and
it turned out to be a flakey nVidia GeForce video card. This was the
second nVidia card I had to return under warranty. I note that you
have an nVidia card, and if you can easily swap in another video card,
I suggest you try that if swapping RAM is not the answer.

Haines Brown