Re: Keyboard problem with kernel 2.6.1

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:10:11 +0100
Jan Minar <Jan.Minar@seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:43:32PM +0100, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> > After installing Kernel 2.6.1, I have effectively lost the key with
> > the hash mark and the apostrophe on it (german layout). On the
> > console, it hasnt been working for quite some time, it just toggled
> > between two consoles. In X it wa useable until I installed the new
> > kernel, Now, it´s(thanks for the accent key...) just dead. No
> > switching of keyboard maps helped on the console, in X it´s been the
> > same ever since.
>
> Fire up showkey(1), and correct the keymaps accordingly.  Such small
> alterations are fairly easy.

Thanks, now at least I got it working on the console. X however refuses
to do anything useful, which may be due to the fact that it uses some
other keyboard mode which gives different keycodes.

I tried editing the /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86 file, changing the
entry for <BKSL> at the top to 84 (the code I get from showkey), but
there was no effect. And yes, I restarted X ;-)

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de