Re: fetchmail skips messages even if ~/.fetchids is truncated

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:44:35AM +0100, Jan Minar wrote:
> No thanks, I'm not interested in a non-reliable workaround.

Or in actually reading documentation, apparently:

(from man fetchmail)

   Disposal Options
       -a | --all
              (Keyword:  fetchall)  Retrieve  both old (seen) and new messages
              from the mailserver.  The default is to fetch only messages  the
              server has not marked seen.  Under POP3, this option also forces
              the use of RETR rather  than  TOP.   Note  that  POP2  retrieval
              behaves  as  though  --all  is  always on (see RETRIEVAL FAILURE
              MODES below) and this option does not work with ETRN or ODMR.

> | while :; do
> |     fetchmail --verbose --nodetach --fetchlimit 2 -i /dev/null \
> |         --fetchmailrc ./.fetchmailrc.daemon-stanza-commented-out
> |     sleep 5
> | done

If the POP server you're talking to is SO unreliable that you need to use
'fetchlimit 2', you need to find a better class of ISP.

Gotta love the stupidities people will go to just to avoid actually
learning something.

--
 Marc Wilson |     For fools rush in where angels fear to tread.  --
 msw@cox.net |     Alexander Pope