Re: fetchmail skips messages even if ~/.fetchids is truncated

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Jan Minar wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> I want fetchmail(1) to fetch all the messages left on the server.  But
> even removing/truncating ~/.fetchids doesn't help.  (I assured there was
> no fetchmail running when I removed/truncated it.)
>
> With ``fetchmail --verbose --nodetach --fetchlimit 2'', fetchmail
> fetches two messages, then it says:
>
> | fetchmail: fetchlimit 2 reached; 162 messages left on server \
> | pop3.seznam.cz account Jan.Minar

As far as I understand it you want to poll all the 162 messages from your
server - but why are you setting the single-poll-limit to 2 messages? Try
160 if you want to use the fetchlimit option.

Man fetchmail:

       fetchlimit	  -B	Max  # messages to fetch in single
				connect

Oliver
--
... don't touch the bang bang fruit