Re: Berried Question

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 15:53, Dennis Kaplan wrote:

> > Did you go over the output of dmesg? Perhaps it is something silly, like
> > the kernel not liking your fpu and using emulation instead?
> >

> I compared Floating-Point Unit output to my other AMD box and it seams to be
> OK. I have added the boot.message at the bottom maybe you can see something
> else.

Most of these don't tell me anything, so i don't know wether it#s
alright or not. Those I know and understand look alright.

Except... why do you have ide-scsi for all drives, this "LSR safety
check" doesn't look too well, and the APIC thing may or may not be OK.
All three are just guessing, though.

Maybe you should try to build your own kernel, with only the options you
need (or at least leaving out all things you surely don't need)? Using
Debian's kernel-package, you can do this on a different machine and copy
the resulting .deb file. Sooner or later you should do this anyway...

cu,
Schnobs