Re: Good experience with radio tuner cards?

At 2004-01-16T17:51:24Z, Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com> writes:

> Unless you have an application where you must control the tuner of the
> radio from the PC, why not just use a cheap radio and a cable to the LINE
> IN port of your soundcard to get it to your nicer PC speakers.

My kid could do that.  Where's the geek appeal?  :-)

Actually, one nice advantage to a software-controlled radio is that I can
automate recording of programs I like.  I know I could do the same thing
with a tape recorder and a timer outlet, but not as well or as conveniently.
--
Kirk Strauser