Re: wma files

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 01:29, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> Hi guys/girls,
>
> Have we found any way to play wma files in linux?
>
> I used to be able to play them with mplayer, but that was a long time ago, and
> now it doesn't work any more.  I guess they probably had to remove support to
> prevent litigation or someting.  I also tried xine, zinf and xmms.
Mplayer plays windows media files (wmv, asf, asx, etc.) just fine. The
only problem is that you have to get the proper codecs. If you're using
Christian Marillat's mplayer packages, all you need is an 'apt-get
install w32codecs'. Otherwise, look around the download section on
www.mplayerhq.hu and look for the codec packages. Download and install
in wherever it tells you to and you should be all set.
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837