Re: OT: Why the net Sucks: Stonehenge

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:47:56 -0800, Nano Nano wrote:

> Obviously, for tech stuff, the internet is authoritative.  And there
> should be travel brochures and fan sites on the internet.  But I would
> much rather "googling for Stonehenge" returned 27 hits comprising
> thousands of printed pages of meaty, well-established and respected
> literature, than the way the internet *currently* is.

You can get that.  You could research at the British Museum, for example.
What you really want is everything for free, and you can't reasonably
expect people to give away the copyrighted product of their hard work to
freeloaders.

If you really seriously want to research Stonehenge on the Web, then
quit whining and get your credit card out.

--

Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer.