Re: OT: Why stonehenge Sucks

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 10:38:19PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'd say if you really want to go for the overpowering, stereotypical
> southerner, go to Idaho.  Replace wife-beaters with flannel and an
> Albertan accent instead of a southern drawl.  I saw more than one GEO
> Metro with a gun rack in Couer d'Alane.

He he!  I know the type of person you're talking about.  I saw on the
History channel the other day Couer d'Alene is the "white power /
American Nazi" annual meeting place.

The "wife-beater" white undershirt is not a phenotype I saw much of --
that's more of a New York Italian stereotype.  In the South it's usually
a black t-shirt with a picture of a wolf on it, or a picture of a naked
chick in viking armor, or Dale Earnhardt's race car.  They usually have
shoulder sleeves.