Re: Debian TAKEOVER script

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:22:59 -0800, Cloids wrote:

> I am trying to the Debian Takeover Script
> (http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200401/msg00313.html)
>
> Wehn I execute the script, I get this error:
>
> ./debian: line 200: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> ./debian: line 200: `sed -e 's:^/::' $WORKDIR/debianize-exclude.list > '

It's because the shell was expecting to find a target for the output
redirection operator and encountered a newline instead.

I would suggest that you post to debian-devel, from where you got the
script, or contact Guillem directly, particularly as he says, "Patches,
suggestions, doubts, comments and success or failure stories welcome."

--

Programming without a hex editor is like watchmaking without a hammer.