Re: Making rescue floppy using third party kernelmodule.

Am Don, 2004-01-15 um 22.32 schrieb Hans Kristian Eiken:
> I have installed Woody with Raid 1 on a Promise SX4000 raid controller,
> the raid disks are the only one in the computer. I do know how to change
> kernel to another than bf24, and load FastTrak.o with initrd. I do even
> have the source for the kernelmodule. But: How do I make a rescue disk
> that boots with the FastTrak.o driver loaded? Can I make a small initrd
> sized for a floppy, or can I compile FastTrak.o into the (bf24) kernel?
> How do I do that?

If you are only interested in a rescue disk in case your installation is
FUBAR you may want to consider Knoppix. It ships with tons of drivers.

You'll need a CDROM for Knoppix though.

HTH
--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody. Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice