Re: Possible Slapper Worm Infection

Incoming from Barry Skidmore:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:21:05PM -0500, Barry Skidmore wrote:
> > I am using Debian (woody)-i386 on a home network.
> >
> > I run chkrootkit (0.43) daily, and today's report suggests that I might
> > have been infected with the 'slapper' worm.  Network Associates web site

> Sorry, I meant to say 'scalper' worm, NOT 'slapper' worm

I reported a bug a couple of versions ago where scalper was
mis-reported.  Scalper is supposed only to go for *BSD systems running
apache.  Are you sure you're running 0.43?

BTW, chkrootkit questions are better answered in chkrootkit-users and
archives:

   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=chkrootkit-users

- -