Possible Slapper Worm Infection

I am using Debian (woody)-i386 on a home network.

I run chkrootkit (0.43) daily, and today's report suggests that I might
have been infected with the 'slapper' worm.  Network Associates web site
has a good description of this worm, including some of the symptoms of
the infection.  These include the presence of the following files:

bugtracq.c
bugtracq
uubugtraq
new entries in the crontab file

I do not have any of these symptoms, and a run of f-prot does not reveal
any infected files.

Has anyone else had experience with this worm, and/or suggestions for
the next step?  I know the obvious thing would be to reformat and
reinstall (and this time do not run Apache), but I am wondering if there
might be other options.

Thanks,
Barry