ping hostnames problem

Hi,

I am using Debian 3.0 r2 and trying to ping to hostnames. The problem is that I can only ping to IPs. I modified /etc/resolv.conf to include more DNS servers from my network, the archive is saved but when I reopen it the modification is not there. Also, I?m using dhcp (client). After upgrading to dhcp3-client, I could make permanent changes in resolv.conf, but I still can only ping to IPs. How can it be solved, and why is that happening?

Thanks.

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online. http://messenger.msn.com.br