Re: DHCP over bridge between WiFi and wired

> There are some issues with some wireless cards and bridging. For
> example, the orinoco cards (and their OEMed versions) refuse to do
> bridging at all. I currently use a prism2 card in a bridge and that
> works ok, replace it with my old orinico and systems on the wireless
> cannot see the wired part of the network.

My card is one of those internal half-size things Dell uses which
appears to software as a PCMCIA card.  As seen below, it loads the
Orinoco drivers.  So I guess the bridging wasn't actually working?
There must be some easy way to test...

  $ cardctl ident

  Socket 0:
    no product info available
  Socket 1:
    product info: "Dell", "TrueMobile 1150 Series PC Card", "Version 01.01", ""
    manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
    function: 6 (network)

  $ lsmod

  Module                  Size  Used by
  orinoco_cs              7880  1
  orinoco                43948  1 orinoco_cs
  hermes                  8512  2 orinoco_cs,orinoco

  $ dmesg

  orinoco.c 0.13e (David Gibson <hermes@gibson.dropbear.id.au> and others)
  orinoco_cs.c 0.13e (David Gibson <hermes@gibson.dropbear.id.au> and others)
  eth0: Station identity 001f:0001:0008:000a
  eth0: Looks like a Lucent/Agere firmware version 8.10
  eth0: Ad-hoc demo mode supported
  eth0: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
  eth0: WEP supported, 104-bit key
  eth0: MAC address 00:02:2D:B0:63:BA
  eth0: Station name "HERMES I"
  eth0: ready

--
Barak A. Pearlmutter <barak@cs.may.ie>
 Hamilton Institute, NUI Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland