hardware problem???

Hi,

I have an old machine where I had only win98 installed on it. So, I installed Debian 3.0 (woody) on another partition of the same pc. The problem is that when I´m using debian, sometimes the pc stops responding. It simply hangs and I can´t do anything. I tried to access it by ssh, but it didn´t work out. I thought it could be a hardware problem, but when I´m using win98 I don´t have this problem. Does anybody have some hint?

[]s,

Daniel.