Re: get NVIDIA driver from apt: sources.list

> G'day,
>
> I had a GeForce MX 2 64 mb and trying to make it work
> under my debian box. I looked at the docos and the
> easiest way to get these files:
>
> Package nvidia-glx
> Package nvidia-glx-dev
> Package nvidia-kernel-common
> Package nvidia-kernel-source
>
> is to use apt-get (hey, thats way I am using debian)
> Here is my sources.list:
>
> deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main
> non-free contrib
>
> but when I run dselect and query package of NVIDIA,
> only 'nvidia-kernel-common' showing, nothing else.
> Anybody know the painless way to get this AGP card
> works?

You can read my instructions at http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/nvidia-
2.6-Debian/index.html.  They're for kernel 2.6, but if you're running
2.4 you could probably adapt them just by doing everything except
applying the two patches.  In fact, if you try that and it works, please
let me know, and I'll add a note to the page about it.