Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000

Hello everyone,
 I'm having difficulty getting this webcam to work.  I compiled the phillips
webcam module as part of the kernel, it appears to load properly but still does
not work. /dev/video0 did not exist so i created it with 'mknod /dev/video0 c 81
0'. Here's what the kernel shows on load:
pwc Philips PCA645/646 + PCVC675/680/690 + PCVC730/740/750 webcam module version
8.12 loaded.
pwc Also supports the Askey VC010, various Logitech QuickCams, Samsung MPC-C10
and MPC-C30,
pwc the Creative WebCam 5, SOTEC Afina Eye and Visionite VCS-UC300 and
VCS-UM100.
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver Philips webcam
Philips webcam 2-1:1.1: usb_probe_interface
Philips webcam 2-1:1.1: usb_probe_interface - got id
pwc Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro USB webcam detected.
pwc Registered as /dev/video0.

I try to access the cam with gnome-meeting and it says it's unaccessable.  I was
going to try and add the pwcx binary module but apparently there's versioning
problems with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

-Victor Varsanyi