Re: OT: Why stonehenge Sucks

On January 13, 2004 14:12, Deryk Barker wrote:

> My major beef is the way that they allow the "Druids" (virutually
> nothing is known about the real Druids aside from a paragraph in
> Caesar) to prance about there on midsummer's morning.
>
> Firstly the real Druids did *not* build Stonehenge and secondly the
> rpesent-day druids were founded in the 18th (?) century by John
> Aubrey (he of Brief Lives fame) who surveyed Stonehenge and after
> whom the Aubrey holes are named.
>
> These present day idiots in their KKK-style outfits have no more
> right to special treatment at Stonehenge than does Bugs Bunny.
> Actually rather less.

While I agree they're little more than idiots, referring to their garb
as "KKK-style" is a bit much considering that their outfits probably
pre-date the KKK by a century or two. In fact, it's likely the KKK
copied the "Druids'" outfits.

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations