Re: hdparms question

On January 13, 2004 12:57 pm, Nate Duehr wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2004 05:36 am, Christian Schnobrich wrote:
> > What you can do is add you hdparm command to the system startup
> > scripts, so it will be executed at boot time.
>
> Some distros add an rc script for hdparm whenever it's installed.
> Debian doesn't.
>
> Others have hdparm or "harddisk" settings in their configuration
> directories where you can add switch options that will get passed to
> hdparm during boot.
>
> Perhaps the package maintainer for hdparm could consider similar
> things for Debian.
>
> On the systems that do this, no settings are changed or anything done
> to the hdparm settings without the user changing these files, there's
> just a nice place to put all of it pre-configured to accept the
> hdparm info that gets installed with hdparm.
>
> It's more convenient but not a necessity...
>
> --
> Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com

On my system I have a file /etc/hdparm.conf that is used for this until
recently it used to be /etc/default/hdparm both files are called from
the /etc/init.d/hdparm and were installed from the Debian package.

[01:12 PM Tue Jan 13: stephen @ ~]
>$ dpkg -S hdparm.conf
hdparm: /etc/hdparm.conf
[01:13 PM Tue Jan 13: stephen @ ~]
>$ dpkg -L hdparm
/.
/usr
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/hdparm
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/README.acoustic
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/README.Debian
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/copyright
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/contrib
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/contrib/idectl
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/contrib/README
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/contrib/ultrabayd
/usr/share/doc/hdparm/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man8
/usr/share/man/man8/hdparm.8.gz
/etc