Re: Max connections in Samba?

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 11:51, Ken Long wrote:

> So, the question is, is there an easy way to up that number without
> having to pull down the source package and recompile samba by hand?  (I
> really prefer to have binary packages, just for ease of upgrading....)

You can't modify the binary (easily), but the easy way to do what you
are asking is to "apt-get source samba ; apt-get build-dep samba" then,
make the change and "dpkg-buildpackage" you might then want to put that
package on hold with "echo samba hold | dpkg --set-selections" and then
you'll have a semi-custom, package-managed version of samba. This is
what I do, and for the same reason, by the way. The process limit is
per-machine though, just so you know...

--
Mark Roach