Re: apt-get install aspell fails?

Michael B Allen verraste ons met de boodschap:

>> With Debian you have choice. If you wish a cutting edge system use Unstable
>> (Sarge),
>> or one less cutting edge use Testing (Sid). If you insist on wanting
>> a new version of Aspell that's not in Stable <snip>
>
> THERE IS NO ASPELL *AT ALL* IN STABLE.
>
> Let me rephrase that:
>
> IN STABLE, THERE IS NO ASPELL *AT ALL*.
>
> Are you "getting it" yet?

Come on children, no need to fight over this ;-)

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/ChangeLog
tells us aspell .33.7 was not 'free' enough for debian. too bad, we'll
have to settle with a non-official source, like the ones on
http://www.apt-get.org/search.php?query=aspell

peace,

--
Joris