Re: smart media card reader problem

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 11:25:44AM +0000, Richard Lyons wrote:
> This is puzzling me.  I have used smart media cards from my olympus
> camera not only to read in photos, but also to transfer data.  THe card
> reader is a cheap and simple "PCline" blue thing plugged into the USB.
> All well and good.  Then I tried a "disgo" - but got
>    mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device

I don't know about your other devices, but Disgos show up as /dev/sda,
unpartitioned; you don't have /dev/sda1 etc.

> Now I plug in the smart media card reader again, and suddenly all the
> cards that I have used only two weeks ago are unreadable. They all give
>    mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device

I've found sometimes that something in the USB/SCSI layer gets confused
after using my Disgo and I have to reboot to clear it up. This is a bit
crap, but I've never got round to investigating properly ...

Cheers,