Re: Oldworld PPC install

On January 10, 2004 12:35 pm, Micha Feigin wrote:

> As far as I managed to find out there is no way to install an
> independent boot loader (will be happy to know otherwise).

That sucks if it's true.  I'd rather wanted to get rid of MacOS so that I've
have more disk available.  I'd also like to hear of alternative boot loaders
if they exist.

On the plus side, through playing with the installer, I've discovered that the
system seems to be entirely installed on the scsi disk.  This leaves me
without a 6GB IDE disk that I can install Debian on ... good enough.  The
system (MacOS) still seems to work fine with the IDE disk disconnected so I'm
pretty confident that I can install to /dev/hda without mucking up MacOS.

Still I'll have to thoroughly read up on my booting options.

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/