Re: fax, voice, and data answering

On Saturday 10 January 2004 16:32, D. Clarke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking to have an all-in-one solution with my good ol' linux box
> and was wondering if anybody had any pointers in the direction of my
> externa voice modem answering and determining whether or not it's
> fax, data, or voice and then handling the call appropriately.
>
> I'd like to be able to have a voicemail box, fax, and possibly
> (although not required) ppp dialup.
>
> Thanks for any pointers,

I'd recommend lurking on hylafax-users@hylafax.org and spending a few
hours in their archive.  I believe you'll find what you want there,
though I have personally never tried the voicemail bit.  (In fact, I've
been waiting for some spare time to do the same thing myself.  Spare
time is a bit like unicorns though...)

HTH
--
richard