Re: apt-get install aspell fails?

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 07:50:45PM -0500 or thereabouts, Michael B Allen wrote:
>> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>   aspell-bin: Depends: libaspell15 (>= 0.50.3-1) but it is not going to be
>> installed
>>               Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4)
>>
>> Oops. It looks like these are newer packages. Where oh where can I find woody
>> only
>> aspell packages?!
>
> As I said earlier, use a backport. That's the whole idea, so you can use
> newer packages with - in this case Stable.

I found a suitable set of packages.

I'm a little shocked that debian would let this sort of thing happen though. How
frequently do depencies break like this? This is really bad IMO.

Thanks,
Mike

--
A program should be written to  model the concepts of the task it
maximizes the  potential for it  to be applied  to tasks that are