Re:CUPS messed up in sid?

> From: Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com>
> Date: Today 06:10:26

> Last night I tried printing and got some tilted text on the page
> (rotated about +3 deg, + angle meaning tilting the top border to the
> left). I then checked cups from localhost:631, everything seemed
> fine. Well, restarted the computer, after checking as much as I could
> and having not much else to do that I knew. After rebooting, the
> printer is not working anymore, the settings in cups are fine, but
> every time I send some job to print, it just stands there, processing,
> until I cancel it.
> It says the /dev/lp0 is busy. Any clues? My printer is hpdj5550, using
> the hp driver.

You mention that you are using the hp driver, are you using Cups hp
driver, or are using the hpijs driver?  If you go to
www.linuxprinting.org and look up your model it recommends the hpijs
driver, then you need to follow directions at Linux printing to install
the proper driver so Cups can see it.

I had a similar problem but did not follow the directions very closely
with my multifunction PSC-500.  After doing what linuxprinting said in
detail, I was able to get it working.  I had to download a customized
ppd file, put it in the right Cups folder.  Had to install by hand the
proper driver from the commandline which was described in the
documents.   So when I open up localhost, my Cups driver shows PSC-500
hpijs foomatic in the driver section.   Since I also have a scanner
built in I also run the hpoj software,  the scanner works better then
in windows.  I think that you probably do not have Cups showing the
proper driver, with the proper ppd file.

Check the above sources and you might want to read HPs site about the
hpijs install procedure.  If you get stuck post some details about what
is causing the problem.

Rthoreau