Re: mozilla newsreader launcher question

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 03:49:00 +0000
Tendril <dont_u_spam_tendril@shotgunsandwich.net> wrote:

> I have upgraded to mozilla 1.5. Install ok (except java.. see my reply
>
> to a previous java question on linux.debian.laptop: Re: java pluhgin
> for mozilla)
>
> My question:
>
> I have added a launcher for mozilla on the gnome panel (panel>add to
> panel>launcher... the path to mozilla) but how do I create a launcher
> for the news/mail reader.. or more specifically what is the command I
> need to put into the wizard.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Tendril
>
> Sorry if it's lame.

No problem. I can't help you because I use Galeon for a browser, but I
thought I would point out that:-
The good thing about GNU/Linux is that all the applications have their
own sites, with associated mail lists and or forums. I have found that
it is best to actually go the particular application site, and ask
there, because they are the people that know their applicatios best.

Good to see you have a browser going, so I'll give you a few links that
continue to be really helpful for me:-

This is the link to the Debian mailing list archives. Almost every
question you may care to ask about Debian has been asked already and
answered. The information is all here. It takes a little getting used
to, but once you get familiar with the situation, it's a great place to
find information.

http://lists.debian.org/users.html

This site also deals with answers to specific Debian questions:-

http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/

This site has forums, but it is also developing a comprehensive help
file library:-

http://www.justlinux.com/

This link has more links than anybody would probably ever need:-

http://www.yolinux.com/

Howto do everything:-

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/categories.html

And this one gives you the meanings for a lot of terms which would
otherwise make no sense whatsoever, and supplies links to a lot of other
places as well.

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/general/main-glossary.html

Regards,

David.