Re: Remove E-mail Headers

Hi,

Am Sa, den 10.01.2004 schrieb Wayne Topa um 19:52:
> Lorenzo Rossi(condor_rl@libero.it) is reported to have said:

> If you remove the Message-Id: you might run into some problems.  I
> have found that a lot of spam 'does not' include that header.

That will not happen, since every mailserver that gets a mail in his
fingers is adviced to generate an ID if missing.

> Why remove these?  What are they hurting?

Indeed I'd like to remove the MsgID also, since evolution is generating
invalid IDs (uses local domain i.e. "@local" instead of letting me
configure that. And they dropped my bugreport. Grrrr... :-(((  ).

So if I could suppress evolutions MsgID, the mailserver of my provider
would generate a valid one.

Bye, Ratti

--
 -o)    fontlinge  | Font management for Linux  | Schriftenverwaltung in Linux
 /\\                                  http://freshmeat.net/projects/fontlinge/