Re: OT: ISO and Image files-semantics problem

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
alex wrote:

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Nano Nano wrote:

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 09:46:47AM -0500, alex wrote:
[snip]

A downloaded ISO is an image.
The installation CD is not an image

_________________________________-
??
debian-30r1-i386-binary-1.iso
debian-30r1-i386-binary-2.iso
these are not images?

Could you please clarify this?
alex

Nano Nano wrote that the installation CD is not an image. I use the 7 Debian CD's, the first two which I listed, of which any one is an installation CD (although I always install from #1). To me they appear to be images. So what does it mean when he says that the installation CD is not an image.

Hugo.

The installation CD itself is not an image it is a CD. The iso's used to burn the CD *are* images, but it would be silly to consider the burned CD to be an 'image' of 'itself?'

The filenames you listed are images, they just aren't installation CDs...