Re: Postfix and virtual users

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 11:46:46PM +0100, LeVA wrote:

| I get this error in the mail.log file:
|
| postfix/smtpd[27864]: 7C02734063: reject: RCPT from host[ip]: 450
| <virt@az.isten.hu>: User unknown in local recipient table;
|
| It seems that postfix knows nothing about my virtual domains

Indeed.  Do not list virtual domains in $mydestination!!!  If an
address's domain is in mydestination, then local(8) will be used for
delivery.  List virtual domains in $virtual_mailbox_domains.

For one, this line
| virtual_mailbox_domains = $virtual_mailbox_maps
is wrong.  It should be
    virtual_mailbox_domains = az.isten.hu
and remove az.isten.hu from $mydestination.

Is this part of VIRTUAL_README unclear?  If so, how can it be made
clear?

-----
virtual_mailbox_domains

    Specifies the list of domains that should be delivered to the
    $virtual_transport delivery agent (default: virtual).

virtual_mailbox_maps

    Recipients are looked up in this map to determine the path to
    their mailbox.
-----

In short, one is a list of domains, and the other is a map from
address to mailbox location.  This means they can't both have the same
value.

| (users).
| I tried to tell postfix, to fall back to virtual delivery if local
| fails:
| in main.cf:

| fallback_transport = virtual

fallback_transport is used by smtp(8), not local(8).  Also,
fallback_transport should be a transport capable of handling mail for
any domain and (almost) guaranteed to work.

-D

--
\begin{humor}
Disclaimer: