Re: Re: serial terminal and reboot troubleshooting with new kernel

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 08:45:49PM -0800, truck loser wrote:
> Recently I installed woody with the 2.2 kenel. When I upgraded to the
> 2.4 kernel I was left with too nerve racking problems. First, my
> serial terminal no longer prints out the startup and shutdown
> messages. Also, no iptables logging is showing up on the terminal
> (but is on monitor).Second, I cannot reboot. Computer shuts down,
> says Rebooting....... then I just get a blank screen.Anyone have any
> ideas?

>Are you using the kernel command line, perhaps via the boot loader,
>in order to tell the kernel that the main console is on a serial line?
>You might want to check the LDP's Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO.

I use the lilo boot loader and added the following lines:
serial=0,115200n8
append="console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200n8" (added what's in bold)

This used to work with the 2.2 kernel

(****please note I will use this email from now on, please inform of any format problems*********)

Do you Yahoo!?