update: packages.debian.org

Just ran across this on http://planet.debian.net/

Frank Lichtenheld . finally some progress
Yeah, packages.d.o is finally getting there. Joey is testing my scripts
on gluck, so the pages should be back soon. After about six months
without progress this are really good news and this motivates me to
tacke the next big task: Improving the search. But this is an area
where I have to learn many things first, so help welcome.

I've searched for existing solutions, but don't found any yet that meet
all my requirements:

    * variable input (not limited to a tree of HTML files)

    * configurable pattern search (real subword search, but
      flexible)

    * not too many restrictions on indexable words (especially
      package names are sometimes a problem, see the bugs against
      the existing solution)

    * Stemming for many languages included.

Suggestions, anyone? I warn you, I'm gonna write it myself ;)

(updated: corrected klecker to gluck in first paragraph)

January 09, 2004 01:16 AM

--
monique