Re: Basing new file permissions on current dir perms

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 11:36, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On 2004-01-09, Rob Sims penned:
> > On Friday 09 January 2004 05:06 am, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> >> Lets say I have a directory called mydirectory. The permissions are
> >> as follows:
> >>
> >> drwxrwxr-x root mygroup

> >> What I want, is a way to force the default permissions for new files
> >> in this directory to be:
> >>
> >> -rw-rw-r-- myuser mygroup
> >
> > chmod g+s mydirectory
> >
> > Note that changing the directory's group will clear the sticky bit.
> > -- Rob
> >

> That will not force rw access to group, though, right?  I think that was
> part of the question the OP was asking.

Yes it was. :) This does indeed get the correct ownership on the files,
but the files are still uneditable because they are made at 644 instead
of 664 as I'd like. Any suggestions on this front?
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837