Re: ATI Radeon driver + Linux2.6?

Bjorn Johansson wrote:
Hello!

I previously reported that I had problems with getting
3D support working. Well, now it's working! :-)
I'm using a 2.6.0 kernel + the latest drivers from
Ati.

But I think I need to get a better graphics card, because
this isn't what I would call cool performance 8-(.
Tuxracer(the commercial version) is playable in
640x480(32 bit), but in 1024x768 you see that the
graphics rendering isn't as soft as 640x480.
I have a Pentium4 at 2.8Ghz with AGP8x, and I think
this is a bit silly. My littlebrother has an 1.53Ghz with
WindowsXP, and he can run Tuxracer in 1024x768
with smooth graphics. It's going to be exciting to see
how well the graphics is going to improve with the
Xfree86 4.4, once it get's released. I think I'm going
to buy myself a Radeon9600XT, because my current
card: Radeon9600se sucks, or perhaps the fault is
Linux not the graphic card?

Björn Johansson

Your settings must be wrong.

My setup:

Athlon XP 2500+
Radeon 9000 Pro (4x AGP)

I run Neverwinter Nights at 1280x1024 w/ full eye candy and
get about 35 - 50 fps (depending on what is going on in the game.

-Roberto