Evolution + multi accounts + Sync with laptop

hi

i use evolution on my desktop which has some pop and imap accounts.
some of them have subdirectories.
mail format is mbox.

i would like to be able to sync my emails between desktop and laptop ;
i thought of setting up an imap server on my desktop, and then retrieve
pop & imap mails via fetchmail, then procmail for sorting them.
the only pblm is when i wanna compose a mail ... if i don't create each
pop&imap accounts in mail client (evolution) i'm not gonna be able to
choose from which identity i send the mail ...

Any ways to bypass this ?

thks