Re: need advice on fixing my home lan

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Johann Koenig wrote:

> it is transferring. About 1-1.5 megabytes per second is good for a 100
> megabit link. If it is substantialy less, its probabyl running at 10
> megabits.

Well, on this P4 2.53ghz, i regularly see 10.5 meg per second from a
similar host, even the celeron 533's around here can usually manage 3-4.

No gigabit here to see how fast it _could_ go, cpu usage is pegged at
about 65%, so I'd guess about 13-14 meg per second with the default
encryption.  Does about 30% cpu usage with blowfish.

Mike