Re: mozilla lockup

Dave Howorth wrote:
I've been running mozilla on woody for quite a while now without any
problems, but it's just started locking up for no apparent reason and I'm
looking for help to fix it.

It starts normally and I can browse web pages or view mail but when I try
to view the source of a page or to compose a mail, it locks up. By which I
mean it stops responding or redrawing the screen; top shows it eating most
of the CPU cycles. The common factor to me seems to be that the problem
occurs when it is trying to open a new window, though I can open a mail
window from a browser window or open the About Mozilla window without a
problem. The lockup occurs regardless of whether I use the mouse or a
keyboard shortcut to try to open the window.

Does mozilla produce a log file? I can't find any mention of one, but
there's no output to stdout/stderr if I start it from a terminal.

I'm running Mozilla 1.2.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021213
Debian/1.2.1-2.bunk

I've found this problem on windows installs too.

Go to the directory similar to this:

  ~/.mozilla/default/dhrjvqdx.slt

Delete any large machine-generated database files. I always
delete this one (it's usuall 2-3MB or more): XUL.mfasl