Re: Upgrade mozilla question

 --- Stephen Liu <satimis@icare.com.hk> wrote: > Hi
all folks,

> I expect to upgrade the existing mozilla-1.0 to a
> later version mozilla-1.5.
>
> # apt-cache search mozilla 1.5
> mozilla-locale-fr - Mozilla French Language/Region
> Package
>
> I suppose only French version being available not
> English.  I can have
> mozilla-1.5 tarball downloaded from www.mozilla.org
> and get it installed, but
> having no idea how to remove its existing version,
> mozilla 1.0.  OR
> installation will automatically replace the existing
> verion and upgrade it to
> moziila 1.5
>
> Kindly advise.
>
> TIA
>
> B.R.
> Stephen Liu

Try 'apt-cache search mozilla', that should give you a
list of a bunch of files from package database - the
thing that 'apt-get update' generates. Then pick the
one you're interested in, in this case
mozilla-browser, and 'apt-cache showpkg
mozilla-browser' wiil tell you which versions is
available. You'll probably need to add unstable to
your sources.list to get 1.5. See my reply to your
systems though. Consider an 'apt-get dist-upgrade' to
testing and then pulling in things like mozilla from
unstable.....