apt upgrade stops with "foomatic-filters (3.0.0-20031207-1)"

I did an update and dist-upgrade today (8Jan04) and all went well (as I expected it to) until I got to "foomatic-filters (3.0.0-20031207-1)".
----Xterm snip----
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up foomatic-filters (3.0.0-20031207-1) ...
Configuration file `/etc/foomatic/filter.conf'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a new shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
***  filter.conf  (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?y

Here is where the system just "hangs out" for lack of a better descriptor.  The terminal is okay but the script is just sitting here.  Several hours have passed and it's still just sitting there--no errors--just sitting there doing nothing at all!  I've killed it several times and restarted, but it always does the same thing.

How do I get this script to finish?

Thank you.

Wishing you well.

Linux.Net -->Open Source to everyone