Re: renew SSL key used in apache-ssl

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 06:44:01 -0500
Kevin Coyner <kevin@rustybear.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 10:59:53PM -0600, Jacob S. wrote......
> > <snip>
> >
> > It's probably not the "Debian way", but I normally mv the old
> > apache.pem file so I still have it as backup - just in case, and
> > then run "ssl-certificate". You don't have to specify any options or
> > anything and it will create a new apache.pem in the proper location,
> > asking you for details such as Country, State, e-mail address, etc.
>
> Where does one find 'ssl-certificate'?  I've tried to 'locate' it with
> no success.  Checked and it's not an openssl command.  Looked for a
> package that might contain it using apt-cache search.  But turning up
> nothing.
>
> Is it a 3rd-party, non-Debian script?

On my server running Debian Woody, it's also part of the apache-ssl
package. (which is what I'm running, instead of mod_ssl, currently.)

HTH,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

People use dummies for crash-tests. Windows is so difficult they had to
educate the dummies first -- by giving them "Windows for Dummies" books!