Re: sources.list conversion

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 23:38, s. keeling wrote:
> Incoming from Mike Mueller:
> > I installed Knoppix 3.3 to disk on my laptop.  When I try "apt-cache
> > search blah" I get lots of messages like "W: Couldn't stat source package
> > list <ftp or http URL here>".
> >
> > I examined /etc/apt/sources.list and found lots of .de sites.  I am
> > located in .us.  Is this the source of the problem?  Are there lots of
> > mirrors still
>
> Try apt-setup.  It'll ask you where you are and try to figure out best
> mirrors for you.  I believe it will know you're using sid by looking
> at your /etc/debian-version

/etc/debian_version contains "testing/unstable"

I moved the existing sources.list to soures.list.old.

apt-setup created a new sources.list with entries for stable.

This is my first exposure to unstable so maybe I should go do some research
on how to manage the unstable release.  Any suggestions?
--
Mike Mueller
324881 (08/20/2003)