Re: Hylafax help

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 04:40:53PM -1000, Dean Takemori wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still a little greenish around the gills with respect to the way
> debian does things ...
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Dean,

first off - don't send to the digest - send to the debian-users list.

Second - I'm not catching what you are trying to do here - but have
you tried to use the apt tools?

Much better.

do this:

$ which apt

if you see a path to apt-get like this:

/usr/bin/apt-get

try this:

$ sudo apt-get install hylafax-client hylafax-server hylafax-doc

this should install the client, server, and docs.

also do this:

$ which apt-cache

if you see a path to apt-cache try this:

$ apt-cache search hylafax

and you should see the pakgs you want.

many more nice things with apt tools than that, but alas, try
posting to the debian-users list with new snags.

jdp