Kernel options?

Hi,

I'm installing Debian on a Sun Fire V65x, which is basically an intel whitebox server.  It uses the SE7501WV2 board (http://www.intel.com/design/servers/se7501wv2/index.htm?iid=ipp_srvr+mthrbds_se7501wv2_srvr&;).

The server has all sorts of fancy bells and whistles like e1000 cards and aic79xx scsi.  Since I'm installing woody, I'd like to stick with a Debian kernel, but sadly no stable kernels have aic79xx in them already.  Lots of bells and whistles I'd rather not have, but oh well.

So I'm looking for suggestions on what I should run --- I see a couple options:

1.  Run WOLK (what I currently run on my gentoo laptop)
	a.  Bad idea on Debian?
2.  Run a kernel from testing or unstable
	a.  If so, which one is a good, stable kernel for a server
	b.  I'd like to have security patches for it in this case --- so I think unstable would be a better bet?
3.  Run vanilla linux sources (what I do on my debian sparc machine)

Any BTDT or suggestions on kernels would be appreciated.  I'd rather not build modules for the drivers for the stable kernels, as I looked into doing it for aic79xx and its kind of a pain --- almost equal to the pain of doing #3 above.

FWIW, this kernel will be used on an email/file/web/etc. server.  Its using md and some qlogic san drivers if that gives you an idea of its hardware.

Thanks!

--
adam