Re: Sony Micro Vault Success

Ed,

You wrote:

   Upon upgrading to the 2.4.23-1 kernel image in SID my Sony Microvault
   immediately started to work using the same fstab entries that had not
   worked before.  I can only assume from this that the prior kernel
   modules did not work well with the Microvault and it had nothing
   whatsoever to do with configuring fstab or passing options using the
   mount command.

   Ed Lawson

I would be fascinated to find out how you fare with the 2.6 kernel.  I
find that my MicroVault works fine with the 2.4.22+ kernels, but won't
work with the 2.6.0 (or the earlier 2.6.0-test* kernels).  What was
fascinating was that the /proc/usb stuff all found the MicroVault, but
none of the SCSI stuff could mount it.

Fred